Thursday, November 11, 2010

"That really just happened!"

--Me

It was almost four years to the day of our first date. We were in Siler City, NC, where we first met. For the first year of our relationship, we worked at a community health center there.

Four years, two countries and three states later, Jason is in med school, and he was working at the clinic for one of his med school rotations. I went with him on his last day to visit our old friends. After the day ended, we went for a walk in a park nearby, where we used to go for walks when we worked together. We'd spend our lunch hours there walking, holding hands, and talking...it was a special place for us.

We walked along a little trail for a while. As we neared the end, we stopped on a bridge overlooking a stream. Jason turned around and faced me. He took a breath and said, "I love you." I said, "I love you too..." and he got down on one knee, pulled out a BEAUTIFUL ring, and asked me to marry him. I was so busy crying I forgot I was supposed to say something! I was totally surprised and absolutely over the moon.



Thank you for opening a window;
the sky is clear as my mind is now.

It's well worth the time that it's taken
to get here now.

Yeah, it's well worth the time that it's taken
to get here now.

The lines have all been drawn.
I know where I belong.

--Greg Laswell

No comments: