Monday, December 13, 2010

Lyrics of life

I won't reveal this band because it may cause judgments. But I was drawn to them powerfully because of their beautiful, beautiful lyrics. They exemplify so much of life to me. :)

A personal philosophy that resonates with me:

Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.

I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected...
to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me. Whatever will bewilder me.

On love, continual rebirth:

My blood before me begs me open up my heart again.
And I feel this coming over like a storm again. Considerately.
As the walls come down and as I look in your eyes,
my fear begins to fade, recalling all of the times
I have died and will die. It's all right. I don't mind.

On communication, and also reminds me of politics:

I know the pieces fit cause I watched them fall away
Mildewed and smoldering. Fundamental differing.
We cannot see to reach an end, crippling our communication.
I know the pieces fit cause I watched them tumble down.
No fault, none to blame. It doesn't mean I don't desire
to point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over.
To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication.

The poetry that comes from the squaring off between.
And the circling is worth it.
Finding beauty in the dissonance.

No comments: