Friday, October 31, 2008

I love my job already. It's amazing. Social workers, lemme tell you, these sorts of things do exist:

-Reasonable pay
-Reasonable working hours (9-4:30 and never on call!)
-Good benefits
-Nice people
-Support! Other clinicians to discuss cases with, case managers available, paid supervision, a boss who keeps telling you not to take on too much, binders full of help for the LCSW exam...
-A free day off whenever you want to go holiday shopping!

If this isn't heaven, I don't know what.

After a year of whirlwind and transition, in the midst my profound inner disorientation, I knew this could go one of two ways: 1) I could end up not loving it and continue to question my judgment and my place in this world or 2) I could love it and feel like the last year had served a good purpose. I'm beginning to feel like the latter may actually become my reality.

2 comments:

AL Ruano said...

So... what are these 'benefits' you talk about? And what does 'days off' actually mean? Are those the things that come after Saturdays when you get to work from home?

Haha! I´m so glad you're happy at the new job! :)

Robin Chancer said...

LOL! To put in terms you might relate to...it's like those five stolen minutes after you finish a paper and you relax while fighting your guilt impulse to work on something else...stretched into 24 hours!!

So people are totally making fun of me for how excited I am about Pollo Campero. Geez, things are different here. :)