I bounced in a moon bounce, watched a pie-eating contest, hugged strangers, cried tears of joy, and somehow I'm still wearing my neon bracelet. I was lulled to sleep by the sound of honking horns and people banging on pots and pans in the streets. Is this what a revolution feels like?
To hear what people were saying in Chicago..."For the first time, I feel like I want to hang an American flag. I feel like this is my country. That we all matter." Wow. What a beautiful moment we get to live. I love the way the President-Elect said it: we have put our hands on the arc of history and bent it toward hope.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I came home after the movies to check the online news... if it felt amazing to see the Obama win in my living-room, by myself, at 11 pm and in another country I can't begin to imagine how it felt being right there... 'in the empire'.
I'm sooooo happy! I actually feel like my vote made a difference (specially since Florida turned blue!!!)
i think the moon bounce may also have contributed to your elation. always does me
Post a Comment